Likhu Demba Community Development Forum (LDCDF) is a networking and non-profit organization of community groups established after the completion of Rural Development Project of United Mission to Nepal in the Okhaldhunga district. The organization got registered in District Administration Office of Okhaldhunga district in 1999 and since then has been working intensively for the poor and marginalized communities. The primary aim of LDCDF is to improve the living of these people, making them independent and self-reliant. To date, partnering with many national and international agencies, LDCDF has succeeded to carry out different development initiatives such as infrastructure building, social and economic empowerment of community group members, awareness raising, skill development and income generation. Currently, there are 850 members from 75 community groups affiliated with LDCDF.
Establishment of a prosperous, well-governed, equitable and inclusive society through organization strengthening, capacity development and empowerment
To build an equitable and prosperous society by uplifting the living standard of the target groups through the mobilization of local resources, skills development and capacity building to access external resources and uniting the people scattered in the working area.
- Support for the up liftmen of social and economic status of deprived communities through livelihood related intervention.
- Support to enhance access to the development opportunities such as livelihood, health, clean water, sanitation, energy, agricultures services and inputs
- Promotion of good governance at local level and accountability of service providers towards right holders.
- Mobilization of local knowledge and skills to facilitate helping themselves to improve right holders situation through community mobilization and support to identity and extract potential benefits from the local & external resources.
- Support for the continuation and stability of the development activities
- To promote sustainable use of locally available resources, skills and technologies
- To conduct various programmes and activities for economic educational and social development of population living far from service centers for their poverty alleviation.
- To create opportunities of self-employment and implement income generating programmes for poverty reduction and nation building.
- To implement capacity development and awareness raising among most marginalized communities such as Dalits, Janajatis, women, people with disabilities, elderly people and economically poor groups to promote and protect their rights
- To promote coordination and networking of various development agencies and stakeholders for leveraging resources and expertise required for effective and sustainable development of poor and marginalized groups
- To promote and protect rights of children, people with disabilities, women, occupation castes, victims of conflict, domestic violence and disasters through education, awareness, relief support and economic opportunities for longer term.
- To mobilize technology, human resource and funds received from international organizations while working in coordination with government and nongovernment organizations as per own objectives.
Working Sector and Area
- Women rights,
- Women Empowerment,
- Health and Sanitation,
- Marginalized empowering
- Rural infrastructure
- Good governance
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Climate change
- Earthquake recovery and reconstruction